I want to do it!
How to Participate
- Check out #books2beats videos on YouTube
- Drop into Albany Public Libraries for #books2beats sessions
- Check out When I close my eyes, Albany, NY's featured book and karaoke.
- Watch previous recordings here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68hx34OzsoQ&list=PLSUBYWRT25dhOa4LdK5RhP-eOml1CEb6a
- Record a karaoke version of When I close my eyes
- Upload it online, tag #books2beats, share it with your friends!
Books 2 Beats recording instructions
1. Prepare “Books 2 Beats Backing Track” to play on phone or computer
2. Make sure volume of backing track is loud enough to still be heard while someone raps over it
3. Get your camera set up and ready to shoot
4. Do a partial practice video recording with rapping to set your backing beat level
5. Before playing the backing track, start shooting your video, THEN start the audio playing
6. When rapping is finished, stop shooting the video
7.Upload the video to the Books2Beats website: https://www.theredbookshelf.org/books2beats/i-want-to-do-it