We are always looking for people excited about our mission who can help make books available for children:
- Host a Book Swap/Drive - We can help you plan this as a social event at your school or other organization, in an effort to collect the books necessary to supply the shelves.
- Host a Collection Crate - Either long-term at a place of business, or one-time at an event (book fairs are a great place for families to cull their personal collections, in order to make room for new book purchases). We will supply a bright red crate, signs, and information sheets.
- Tend a Collection Crate - For a crate that resides in a place of business, it is best to have one person who is responsible for checking in and emptying that crate at regular intervals. Usually this is no more than a couple times a month.
- Tend a Bookshelf - This is the person who actively supplies the shelf with books. Generally, it is best to take books to the shelf twice a month, though it may be more often in the beginning, as flow starts off very high, before people realize the shelf will continue to be there, and flow levels off.
- Clean and Label Books - Each book takes an average of 15 minutes to prepare so it is ready for a RED Bookshelf. If you are associated with an organization that is interested in regular book rehabbing events, we can arrange that, and guide you through it. You could also sponsor a shelf, being responsible for preparing the books on that shelf! Visit our calendar to see when we have on site opportunities to recondition.
Email to let us know your interest, we are always in need of helping hands! firstname.lastname@example.org